Sanharib
post 07/26/07 01:58 PM
Post #1

Poster 100

Group: MEIC Conversion Group
Member No.: 2,596
Conflict/Cultural/Country Interest: I'm interested in Assyria

World's Richest Man is Said to have Assyrian Roots

(ZNDA: New York) Mr. Carlos Slim Helú Aglamaz, born in 1940 in Mexico City, may be the son of an Assyrian-Lebanese businessman.

Mr. Slim owns controlling shares of the Teléfonos de México (Telmex), Telcel and América Móvil companies, therefore exerting huge control over the telecommunications sector in Central and South America. His three sons and son-in-law run the day-to-day operations.

According to reports in early July, Mr. Slim's wealth has exceeded that of Microsoft founder Bill Gates, making him the world's wealthiest person. His fortune is estimated at 67.8 billion dollars compared with the estimated fortune of 59.2 billion dollars for Bill Gates.

Mr. Slim's father, Haddad Aglamaz, a Lebanese native from the town of Jezzine - who may have been an Assyrian, moved to Mexico City as a teenager in 1902. He established a dry goods store called La Estrella del Oriente (Star of the Orient) in 1911 and purchased real estate in the city center. Julián married the daughter of another prosperous Lebanese merchant. They had six children, of whom Carlos was the youngest.

The name, Jezzine, derives from the Aramaic (Syriac) word, meaning "depot" or "store". Many historians believe that Jezzine served as a storing location for traders because of its strategic location on the caravan route that connected the ancient port city of Sidon to the Chouf, the Beqaa Valley, and to Syria.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mesopotamia
post 08/02/07 02:14 PM
Post #2

Poster

Member No.: 626
Conflict/Cultural/Country Interest: assyria and mesopotamia assyrians and mesopotamians

so does he come from Assyrian roots or lebanese.
he looks more arab than Assyrian

QUOTE(Sanharib @ 07/26/07 07:58 PM) [snapback]114324[/snapback]
World's Richest Man is Said to have Assyrian Roots

(ZNDA: New York) Mr. Carlos Slim Helú Aglamaz, born in 1940 in Mexico City, may be the son of an Assyrian-Lebanese businessman.

Mr. Slim owns controlling shares of the Teléfonos de México (Telmex), Telcel and América Móvil companies, therefore exerting huge control over the telecommunications sector in Central and South America. His three sons and son-in-law run the day-to-day operations.

According to reports in early July, Mr. Slim's wealth has exceeded that of Microsoft founder Bill Gates, making him the world's wealthiest person. His fortune is estimated at 67.8 billion dollars compared with the estimated fortune of 59.2 billion dollars for Bill Gates.

Mr. Slim's father, Haddad Aglamaz, a Lebanese native from the town of Jezzine - who may have been an Assyrian, moved to Mexico City as a teenager in 1902. He established a dry goods store called La Estrella del Oriente (Star of the Orient) in 1911 and purchased real estate in the city center. Julián married the daughter of another prosperous Lebanese merchant. They had six children, of whom Carlos was the youngest.

The name, Jezzine, derives from the Aramaic (Syriac) word, meaning "depot" or "store". Many historians believe that Jezzine served as a storing location for traders because of its strategic location on the caravan route that connected the ancient port city of Sidon to the Chouf, the Beqaa Valley, and to Syria.

+Quote Post
Damail
post 08/03/07 09:59 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 110

QUOTE(mesopotamia @ 08/02/07 04:14 PM) [snapback]114647[/snapback]
so does he come from Assyrian roots or lebanese.
he looks more arab than Assyrian

Lebanese christians have Assyrians roots.

+Quote Post
Danno
post 08/03/07 12:10 PM
Post #4

Poster 400

Member No.: 3,363
Conflict/Cultural/Country Interest: I am Assyrian and I am interested in Assyrian Independence (Nineveh Plain) Kurdish Independence, Iraq War, Iraqi Civil War, Kurdish Vs. Turks, and Turkish involvment in Iraq and Kurdistan

QUOTE(Damail @ 08/03/07 11:59 AM) [snapback]114683[/snapback]
Lebanese christians have Assyrians roots.

lol thats the first im hearing of that dude....

theres no difference in genetics between lebanese christians and lebanese muslims man

+Quote Post
Damail
post 08/03/07 01:51 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 110

QUOTE(Danno @ 08/03/07 02:10 PM) [snapback]114689[/snapback]
lol thats the first im hearing of that dude....

theres no difference in genetics between lebanese christians and lebanese muslims man

Lots of Assyrians fled to Lebanon due to persecution which is why there are a lot of Christians there. This man is a prime example, you should read more about him; he fled to south America during the Turkish genocide.

+Quote Post
Danno
post 08/03/07 09:14 PM
Post #6

Poster 400

Conflict/Cultural/Country Interest: I am Assyrian and I am interested in Assyrian Independence (Nineveh Plain) Kurdish Independence, Iraq War, Iraqi Civil War, Kurdish Vs. Turks, and Turkish involvment in Iraq and Kurdistan

QUOTE(Damail @ 08/03/07 03:51 PM) [snapback]114695[/snapback]
Lots of Assyrians fled to Lebanon due to persecution which is why there are a lot of Christians there. This man is a prime example, you should read more about him; he fled to south America during the Turkish genocide.

ok khon im not disagreeing with him being Assyrian, im just disagreeing with you saying that lebanese christians have Assyrian roots. icon_confused.gif

+Quote Post
mesopotamia
post 08/04/07 03:15 AM
Post #7

Poster

Member No.: 626
Conflict/Cultural/Country Interest: assyria and mesopotamia assyrians and mesopotamians

QUOTE(Damail @ 08/03/07 07:51 PM) [snapback]114695[/snapback]

well that true, after the Assyrian Genocide, Assyrians got scattered throughout the world

+Quote Post
Sanharib
post 08/05/07 02:12 PM
Post #8

Poster 100

Member No.: 2,596
Conflict/Cultural/Country Interest: I'm interested in Assyria

But look his father's name is "HADDAD" and Haddad is an Assyrian Name icon_wink.gif

Andreas Yacob-Haddad (born 5 May 1982) is an Assyrian-Swedish football striker who plays for Assyriska Föreningen. He has also played for Norwegian side Lillestrřm SK on loan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Yacob-Haddad

And do you think he was a lebanese christian who fled because of the genocide 1915?
It's more supposable that he was an Assyrian christian.

Carlos Slim Helú has poked Bill Gates from the crown as the richest man in the world.
Carlos Slim Helú is Assyrian from Lebanon and

belongs to the maronitic church.

He was born in Mexico January 28th 1940.His father, Julián Slim Haddad Aglamaz originally comes from the town Jezzine, approximately forty km southeast of Beirut, Lebanon.

Just before Seyfo - the genocide 1915 in the Ottoman – the Turkish empire, Carlos Slim Helú´s father escaped over the Atlantic. His escape away from persecution and genocides ended in Mexico.

Carlos Slim Helú has built his fortune through investments in the telecom industry. Among his companies there are South America’s biggest mobileoperator, América Movil as Mexico's biggest mobileoperator Telcel and the biggest ground phone company Telmex is included in his empire of companies. Apart from these he owns several chainstores, banks and cigarette companies.

And now look what I found too:

Maronites (Arabic: الموارنة, transliteration: Mawārinah, Syriac: ܡܪܘܢܝܐ) are members of one of the Eastern Catholic Churches, with a heritage reaching back to Maroun in the early 5th century. The first Maronite patriarch, John Maron, was appointed in the late 7th century. Today, they are one of the principal religious groups in Lebanon. Maronites, along with their Levantine neighbours, were originally Aramaic-speaking people who were Arabized during the 9th century. Like most Lebanese people, Maronites are overall very genetically similar to other Levantine populations, such as Syrians and Jordanians, with a minimal foreign influence[1][2], though some claim Crusader, Ghassanid, and French ancestry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maronitic

icon_biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Danno
post 08/05/07 09:31 PM
Post #9

Poster 400

QUOTE(Sanharib @ 08/05/07 04:12 PM) [snapback]114775[/snapback]
But look his father's name is "HADDAD" and Haddad is an Assyrian Name icon_wink.gif
Andreas Yacob-Haddad (born 5 May 1982) is an Assyrian-Swedish football striker who plays for Assyriska Föreningen. He has also played for Norwegian side Lillestrřm SK on loan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Yacob-Haddad
And do you think he was a lebanese christian who fled because of the genocide 1915?
It's more supposable that he was an Assyrian christian.

icon_biggrin.gif

good points...but who is this intended for....if its for me i never said he wasnt Assyrian smiley18.gif no one did.
I just said that lebanese christians dont have Assyrian decent

+Quote Post
Rumtaya
post 08/06/07 05:28 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 148

This topic is useless...

It is nice for him that he has alot of money I hope also he stays health, but guys this doesnt help our cause.

He maybe doesnt care about Assyrians.....though....

+Quote Post
Danno
post 08/06/07 03:34 PM
Post #11

Poster 400

QUOTE(Rumtaya @ 08/06/07 07:28 AM) [snapback]114813[/snapback]
This topic is useless...

It is nice for him that he has alot of money I hope also he stays health, but guys this doesnt help our cause.

He maybe doesnt care about Assyrians.....though....

lol i wanted to say something like that from the beggining, but i thought people would get upset so i didnt say that.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 04/23/14 05:46 AM