IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Brutal Murder of Solomon Solomou by Turks (pics)
chase
post 01/22/06 10:40 PM
Post #1

Group: MEIC Members/Donors
Member No.: 17

IPB Image
Greek Cypriot Solomon Solomou
IPB Image
Turkish Cypriots
IPB Image
Solomon
IPB Image
Kenan Akin - "Turkish Minister of Agriculture"
IPB Image
Solomon
IPB Image
Solomon murdered in cold blood.

"Solomou was some 3 metres off the ground (less that a fourth of the way to the top of the flag pole), when he was shot by a Turkish Cypriot soldier and fell to the ground with blood flowing profusely from his neck (the autopsy revealed that Solomou was hit by five bullets). Turkish Cypriot soldiers then proceeded to fire some 25 to 50 rounds indiscriminately into the crowd inside the buffer zone. The whole incident was witnessed by the UNFICYP Force Commander and the Commanding Officer of the Austrian Battalion who were in the UNBZ some 35 metres from the TF CFL. They observed uniformed Turkish Cypriot military personnel kneeling down and firing in the direction of the demonstators inside the UNBZ."

Kenan Akin: "I wish I was there during the incident. I could kill"

Weekly AKTUEL (31.10.96 - 6.11.96) publishes the text of an exclusive interview with Kenan Akin, Minister of Agriculture and Natural Resources. Under the title, "I wish I was there during the incident. I could kill", the interview goes as follows:

"Question: Were you there on the day of the incident?

Akin: In the morning I was there, at around 9:30 I left.

Question: Did you return after the incident?

Akin: No.

Question: Did you see your picture published in the Greek Cypriot press which was taken from television and enlarged?

Akin: Could have. I was not there when the incident took place. But I felt sorry for not being there. I wish I was there. I could have pulled the trigger at least once. I wish I was there, definitely I was going to shoot.

Question: Don't you think that this is an issue to be tackled by the security forces? Apart from this, it is reportedly said that in your election region you were saying that you have killed and you took the responsibility.

Akin: No... During the incident I was on a picnic near the beach with my wife and my child.

Question: Do you have a gun?

Akin: Yes, but I do not carry it.

Question: Following the claims against you, is there any investigation against you by your party, by the government or by the legal organs?

Akin: The esteemed President asked me at one of our meetings. I told him I was on a picnic by the beach with my wife and my child. There was no investigation within the party. Only our general chairman put a question at the party's general assembly. He should have been convinced of what I had said, so that he would not have considered it necessary to establish a commission to open an enquiry.

Question: Do you envisage making any attempt to clear your name of these claims against you by opening an inquiry?

Akin: These are Greek Cypriot lies. The other side are educating their children with Turkish animosity. You are never writing this. Why are you making the killing of a dog sound so important?"
http://www.hr-action.org/chr/solomon.html
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chase
post 01/22/06 10:46 PM
Post #2

UNITED NATIONS PRESS RELEASE. THE DEMONSTRATION OF 14 AUGUST 1996

The United Nations in Cyprus (UNFICYP) has completed its review of the events surrounding the demonstration of Wednesday, 14 August 1996. The facts that have emerged are as follows:

On Wednesday 14 August, about 3,000 people and some 500 motorcyclists attended in Paralimni the funeral of Anastasios Isaak who had been killed by a group of Turkish Cypriots during the demonstrations of 11 August.

After the funeral service, at about 13:45 hrs, some 200 motorcyclists and a number of vehicles arrived at the northern outskirts of Dherinia, where members of Cypol had been stationed. As during the events on Sunday, Cypol was not effective in preventing the demonstrators from entering the United Nations Buffer Zone (UNBZ). Some 150 Greek Cypriots passed the police line and outflanked the UNFICYP troops deployed inside the UNBZ.

As the Greek Cypriot demonstrators made their way into the UNBZ, Turkish Forces and Turkish Cypriot military and police, which until then had remained out of sight, deployed in full view and in added strength along the TF CFL. UNFICYP requested both Turkish Forces and Turkish Cypriots military and police to exercise restraint and not to overreact. It also reminded them that UNFICYP has sole responsibility to deal with incursions into the buffer zone and that there must be no interference.

By 14:20 hours, some 200 Greek Cypriots were inside the UNBZ, but UNFICYP was in control of the situation. The demonstrators were being rounded up and moved out of the UNBZ . The main group of Greek Cypriots were no closer than about 30 metres from the Turkish Forces Cease-Fire Line (TF CFL).

At about that time, a Greek Cypriot male, later identified as Solomos Spyrou Solomou, broke free from the main group and ran towards the Turkish Cypriot check point. He was chased by two UNFICYP soldiers, who caught up with him at the guard post, but the demonstrator broke free and began to climb a flag pole which was flying the Turkish flag just inside the Turkish Cypriot check point. The UNFICYP soldiers were pursuing him a few feet behind.

Solomou was some 3 metres off the ground (less that a fourth of the way to the top of the flag pole), when he was shot by a Turkish Cypriot soldier and fell to the ground with blood flowing profusely from his neck (the autopsy revealed that Solomou was hit by five bullets). Turkish Cypriot soldiers then proceeded to fire some 25 to 50 rounds indiscriminately into the crowd inside the buffer zone. The whole incident was witnessed by the UNFICYP Force Commander and the Commanding Officer of the Austrian Battalion who were in the UNBZ some 35 metres from the TF CFL. They observed uniformed Turkish Cypriot military personnel kneeling down and firing in the direction of the demonstators inside the UNBZ.

As a result of the indiscriminate shooting by Turkish Cypriot soldiers, two British UNFICYP soldiers were shot from behind and two Greek Cypriot civilians were also hit by gunfire. Three were inside the buffer zone and one of the civilians, who sustained a serious gun wound to the abdomen, was standing outside the UNBZ close to the National Guard checkpoind. During the demonstration, two Cypol officers and five Greek Cypriot civilians suffered non-gunshot related injuries.

The Force Commander of UNFICYP accompanied by the Chief of Staff met with the Commander of the Turkish Forces in Cyprus late in the afternoon of 14 August to stongly protest the totally unwarranted use of force by Turkish or Turkish Cypriot military personnel which resulted in the killing of Solomou and in injuries to two peacekeepers and two civilians.
http://www.hr-action.org/chr/UN03.html

+Quote Post
Iranian
post 01/23/06 03:24 PM
Post #3

Poster 200

Group: MEIC Conversion Group
Member No.: 320

He tried to take down the flag.

[b]The death was justified.

+Quote Post
chase
post 01/23/06 05:31 PM
Post #4

[quote=Iranian]He tried to take down the flag.

Thank you for your feedback as it works against you. Any sane person knows that an unarmed person trying to take down a flag does not warrant DEATH. He was unarmed, deliberated targeted, and shot down in cold blood for trying to take down a piece of cloth. Only extreme radicals think that way of which, from your post, depicts you as one. No surprises here!

+Quote Post
Iranian
post 01/23/06 05:37 PM
Post #5

Poster 200

[quote=chase][quote=Iranian]He tried to take down the flag.

Thank you for your feedback as it works against you. Any sane person knows that an unarmed person trying to take down a flag does not warrant DEATH. He was unarmed, deliberated targeted, and shot down in cold blood for trying to take down a piece of cloth. Only extreme radicals think that way of which, from your post, depicts you as one. No surprises here![/quote]

To dishonour another nations flag is very disrespectful. He knew what he was getting himself into so no one can complain.

+Quote Post
chase
post 01/23/06 05:51 PM
Post #6

[quote=Iranian][quote=chase][quote=Iranian]He tried to take down the flag.

Thank you for your feedback as it works against you. Any sane person knows that an unarmed person trying to take down a flag does not warrant DEATH. He was unarmed, deliberated targeted, and shot down in cold blood for trying to take down a piece of cloth. Only extreme radicals think that way of which, from your post, depicts you as one. No surprises here![/quote]

To dishonour another nations flag is very disrespectful. He knew what he was getting himself into so no one can complain.[/quote]

Again thank you for your feedback. You're making yourself look worse with every word you write. I got it the first time! You agree with the deliberate targeting and murder of an unarmed human being over a piece of cloth. What I said in response before still goes, no matter what way it's phrased, my response will be forever the same.

+Quote Post
HBK
post 01/23/06 09:09 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 62

How funny! In the US, freedom of expression extends even to burning the flag.

Well, it just goes to show you how far from being civilized the Turks are. Either that, or they are simply cowards.

Looks like the Iranians are the same way.

+Quote Post
chase
post 01/28/06 08:46 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(HBK)

Well, it just goes to show you how far from being civilized the Turks are. Either that, or they are simply cowards.

Well HBK, it looks like you chased the cowardly little weasel away. You're a big bad bogy man. icon_cool.gif

+Quote Post
HBK
post 01/28/06 10:16 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 62

Absolutely! I am a brute, chase icon_razz.gif

+Quote Post
DÓrÓ
post 01/29/06 08:49 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 147

QUOTE(HBK)
Absolutely! I am a brute, chase icon_razz.gif

Tell me about it...

After all... You DO have a reputation to look after... icon_eek.gif

+Quote Post
Mordoth
post 01/29/06 11:41 AM
Post #11

TURKIST

Member No.: 262

Yeah , he is shot in head isn't he ? icon_smile.gif Wow !!! Bingo , Bullseye !!! What can we do to a disgraceful evidence such like " attackin' to a nation's FLAG " ?
solomon Solomou was not alone , a group attacked the control point o' UN !!!
He was shot between his eyebrows icon_wink.gif Good !!!

+Quote Post
chase
post 01/30/06 11:26 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(Mordoth)
Yeah , he is shot in head isn't he ? icon_smile.gif Wow !!! Bingo , Bullseye !!! What can we do to a disgraceful evidence such like \" attackin' to a nation's FLAG \" ?  
solomon Solomou was not alone , a group attacked the control point o' UN !!!
He was shot between his eyebrows icon_wink.gif Good !!!

You're not worth a response you sick bastard.

+Quote Post
Mordoth
post 01/31/06 05:08 AM
Post #13

TURKIST

Member No.: 262

did Turkish soldiers hit you ? why are you cryin' and swearin' such like that ? It seems you are hit by a lead from yo' ash , didn't you ?
solomon was attacked to our flag with a terrorist group and HE IS HIT by the DEFENDERS . Roums are attackers , Turks are defenders here .

+Quote Post
chase
post 01/31/06 06:06 AM
Post #14

You read into what I say a little too much...

I was just saying you were just another sick bastard and not worth a reply. No biggie, eh?

Keep talking though....

+Quote Post
Iranian
post 02/01/06 09:17 AM
Post #15

Poster 200

In some countries its an offence to rip up currencies and in some other countries its an offence to take down the nations flag. In some countries (the USA) you can get the death penalty for commiting 3 crimes, its called 3 strikes and your out. So if your third crime was to steal some food to feed your family, you would be executed.

This Greek "Cypriot" knew the crime he was committing.
He knew the risks he was taking, but he did it anyway.

So dont whine that he is dead.

+Quote Post
chase
post 02/01/06 10:27 AM
Post #16

QUOTE(Iranian)
In some countries its an offence to rip up currencies and in some other countries its an offence to take down the nations flag. In some countries (the USA) you can get the death penalty for commiting 3 crimes, its called 3 strikes and your out. So if your third crime was to steal some food to feed your family, you would be executed.

This Greek \"Cypriot\" knew the crime he was committing.

So you know the law in the USA do you. Please elaborate on the red hi-lighted areas where you've deliberately LIED about the USA laws. I know Phil would be very interested in this deciphering of our laws as he's a lawyer though one doesn't need to be one to know that you've deliberately LIED.

You've made false statements aka downright LIED therefore you're passing out propaganda aka LIES without backup and that's not permitted on this or any other forum on MEIC. So prove your statements or withdraw your accusations about the laws in the USA!

Do NOT LIE in order to condone/coverup what was done to this unarmed man who was deliberately targeted and murdered for a piece of material.

NOW backup your accusations!!

Stick to the issues. You gave me a web page and not LAW codes. Now go through each lie you told and then we'll get to the 'red herrings' you're throwing out there. Just one thing at a time if you want....

Iranian wrote:
In some countries (the USA) you can get the death penalty for commiting 3 crimes, its called 3 strikes and your out.

Source please and provide cases.

Iranian wrote:
So if your third crime was to steal some food to feed your family, you would be executed

(We will get to your 'red-herrings' later but for now please back-up your initial accusations (see quotes) which you've used in order to excuse the MURDER of this unarmed man in COLD BLOOD.)

+Quote Post
Iranian
post 02/01/06 12:57 PM
Post #17

Poster 200

You use the word lie which implies something was done with intent. Shame on you!

http://www.threestrikes.org/ everything you want to know is here.

I am so sorry to hear that its ok for a man who steals 9 videos gets 50 years imprisonment but when a man who knew what could happen if he tried to take down the Turkish flag. So dont whine and moan about it.

A ruling from the U.S. Supreme Court about banning flags

I thought the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that no banning of the type like in the city of Raleigh, NC, was permissible. The very famous case of the (extremely small) Nazi party in Chicago which obtained, after long struggle and much public debate, the right to march in a suburb mainly inhabited by people of Jewish extraction and religion. The debate over this issue continues in U.S. society. Technically, the Nazi flag is not banned here as in Germany, and many people believe that to ignore the manifestation of symbols is better than suppressing them. This is not to say that the evil of the philosophy should be ignored, or the revision of history many here would like to practice.
Jahvah, 28 September 1995

We all no how the USA is with flags they dont even care if you wave the Nazi flag.

The USA celebrates Columbus Day. They glorify a man who enslaved millions of people and worked them to death, imported many slaves from Africa - a man who is comparable to Hitler in the amount of death and destruction he has caused.

+Quote Post
chase
post 02/01/06 01:40 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(chase)
QUOTE(Iranian)

This Greek \"Cypriot\" knew the crime he was committing.

So you know the law in the USA do you. Please elaborate on the red hi-lighted areas where you've deliberately LIED about the USA laws. I know Phil would be very interested in this deciphering of our laws as he's a lawyer though one doesn't need to be one to know that you've deliberately LIED.

You've made false statements aka downright LIED therefore you're passing out propaganda aka LIES without backup and that's not permitted on this or any other forum on MEIC. So prove your statements or withdraw your accusations about the laws in the USA!

Do NOT LIE in order to condone/coverup what was done to this unarmed man who was deliberately targeted and murdered for a piece of material.

NOW backup your accusations!!

Stick to the issues. You gave me a web page and not LAW codes. Now go through each lie you told and then we'll get to the 'red herrings' you're throwing out there. Just one thing at a time if you want....

Iranian wrote:
In some countries (the USA) you can get the death penalty for commiting 3 crimes, its called 3 strikes and your out.

Iranian wrote:
So if your third crime was to steal some food to feed your family, you would be executed

(We will get to your 'red-herrings' later but for now please back-up your initial accusations (see quotes) which you've used in order to excuse the MURDER of this unarmed man in COLD BLOOD.)

Please read and respond!

+Quote Post
Iranian
post 02/01/06 02:16 PM
Post #19

Poster 200

[quote=chase]Iranian wrote:
[quote=Chase]
Iranian wrote:
[quote]So if your third crime was to steal some food to feed your family, you would be executed[/quote]

Source please and provide cases.[/quote]

IF you noticed I used the word IF. I didn't say that this actually happened. Please show me where I said that a man stole some food and WAS executed?

+Quote Post
chase
post 02/01/06 02:30 PM
Post #20

[quote=Iranian][quote=chase]Iranian wrote:
[quote=Chase]
Iranian wrote:
[quote]So [b]if your third crime was to steal some food to feed your family, you would be executed[/b]

Source please and provide cases.[/quote]

IF you noticed I used the word IF. I didn't say that this actually happened. Please show me where I said that a man stole some food and WAS executed?[/quote]

There was a definitive implication. So am I to take it you're retracting even the implication of such a thing as having occurred? If so then no need for further sources/cases but if you're not retracting then I continue to request the aforementioned.

+Quote Post
PhilinFL
post 02/01/06 09:44 PM
Post #21

Member No.: 25

Chase, you are of course 100% right, and Iranian is making things up and then retreating as he goes along.

The "three strikes" laws he refers to DO NOT apply to capital crimes. A person convicted of a capital crime can of course be executed on the FIRST go round, in those states that have the death penalty.

The only charge that merits the death penalty anywhere in the US is First Degree Murder. NOT "stealing food," sheeeeesh! icon_rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
chase
post 02/01/06 10:22 PM
Post #22

QUOTE(PhilinFL)
Chase, you are of course 100% right, and Iranian is making things up and then retreating as he goes along.

The \"three strikes\" laws he refers to DO NOT apply to capital crimes. A person convicted of a capital crime can of course be executed on the FIRST go round, in those states that have the death penalty.

The only charge that merits the death penalty anywhere in the US is First Degree Murder. NOT \"stealing food,\" sheeeeesh! icon_rolleyes.gif

Thank you phil. And how many jury trials and years does it take to actually execute the murderer? And how many states still have it? I know we still have it on the books but haven't used since the 60's.

+Quote Post
Iranian
post 02/03/06 11:56 AM
Post #23

Poster 200

Well in different countries capital crimes vary. Since the TRNC is not recognised internationally, they can do anything they want to people breaking the law.

+Quote Post
Baku87
post 02/24/06 02:41 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 227

QUOTE(HBK)

lol HBK talking about civilized people? Your the only one in this forum supporting terrorists. Your not in the position to talk about civilization.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 04/24/14 03:32 AM