Post #1

Group: MEIC Conversion Group
Member No.: 291

Talat Gets Full Support from Musherref for Removal of Isolations

By Erkan Yigitsozlu, Cihan News Agency, Islamabad
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
zaman.com

IPB Image

President of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus Mehmet Ali Talat was in Pakistan at the invitation of Pakistan’s President Pervez Musharraf, and received a promise of support for the lifting of isolations.

The Pakistani president said Turks in northern Cyprus are entitled to the ending of internationally imposed isolations on the north of the island.

Talat met with Musharraf at his office in Ravalpindi for a 45 minute closed door audience, and an opportunity for an exchange of information between the two leaders over recent developments in Cyprus.

Talat expressed his delight at the warm welcome he received during his visit, and Musharraf in turn pledged his unconditional support to Turks in Northern Cyprus for long term peace with Greeks living on the south of the island.

Talat was officially welcomed by Pakistani foreign ministry officials upon his arrival in Islamabad early Monday.

Talat’s first contact with an official from the Pakistani government was with Nilufer Bahtiyar, the country’s Tourism minister.

Talat’s first official visit abroad, apart from his previous visits to Turkey, became an opportunity for the two leaders to openly communicate messages of friendship and cooperation.

Reporters were informed about the talks between officials from both countries over plans to improve cooperation between the two countries.

Officials from both countries agreed to underline the need for steps in the fields of education, tourism and light-industry.

Musharraf referred to Talat as the president of the Turkish Republic in Northern Cyprus, which is seen as an important sign of recognition by Turkey and Northern Cyprus.

In Talat’s previous meetings with U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, with former British Foreign Minister Jack Straw, and with German Foreign Minister Frank Walter Steinmeier, he was referred to as “the leader of the Turkish society in northern Cyprus.”

Greek Cypriots on alert

Talat’s visit to Pakistan put the Greek as well as Greek Cypriot administrations “on alert.”

A commentary from Greek Cypriot newspaper, Fileleftheros, following the announcement that Talat would be received as “president” in Pakistan, wrote: The administration in southern Cyprus is in cooperation with the administration in Greece to have Talat referred to as “the leader of the Turkish society in northern Cyprus,” not as “the president.”

Fileleftheros further referred to comments from diplomatic sources on Talat’s presentation of the cup to Istanbul F1 Grand Prix winner Felipe Massa, declaring it a “show;” and added that Talat’s visit to Pakistan was a far more serious and negative development.

The newspaper also referred to the last-minute news of Talat’s visit to Pakistan as an outcome of concentrated and systematic efforts by officials in Ankara to gain the administration in northern Cyprus recognition.

Source : Zaman

GREET NEWS!

Regards,
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hosank
post 04/24/07 05:58 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 966
Conflict/Cultural/Country Interest: armenia, turkey, azerbaijan, mostly, ...christian lebanon...

you mean GREAT lol

+Quote Post
intergalacticman
post 04/24/07 11:23 AM
Post #3

Poster 200

Member No.: 3,399
Conflict/Cultural/Country Interest: ARMENIA, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Turkey, India, Israel/Palestine

and the point of this thread is?

+Quote Post
Hosank
post 04/24/07 07:42 PM
Post #4

Conflict/Cultural/Country Interest: armenia, turkey, azerbaijan, mostly, ...christian lebanon...

who cares? it's prot, i stopped debating with this guy a while ago..

i mean..he just waists MBs on the forum surver

+Quote Post
Kemalist
post 04/27/07 03:25 PM
Post #5

Poster

Member No.: 3,375
Conflict/Cultural/Country Interest: Turkey & Cyprus

QUOTE(intergalacticman @ 04/24/07 11:23 AM) [snapback]107805[/snapback]
and the point of this thread is?

Well duh! icon_rolleyes.gif The point is that Talat gets full support from Musherref for the removal of Isolations. icon_wink.gif

+Quote Post
Hosank
post 04/28/07 03:11 PM
Post #6

how cute

+Quote Post
irlandahay
post 04/29/07 04:56 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 707
Conflict/Cultural/Country Interest: ARMENIA!

i am half irish half armenian, ireland is free from england, but armenia has yet to be free from the clutches of turkey

QUOTE(Kemalist @ 04/27/07 09:25 PM) [snapback]108147[/snapback]
Well duh! icon_rolleyes.gif The point is that Talat gets full support from Musherref for the removal of Isolations. icon_wink.gif

NO WAY!

really?!

wow...thats wonderful. at last turks working together for justice and freedom! right?

haha, who gives a flying f*ck!
he can get all the support from all the turks he wants. the internationnal community still wants you guys out of cyprus!

+Quote Post
Kemalist
post 04/29/07 07:59 PM
Post #8

Poster

QUOTE(irlandahay @ 04/29/07 04:56 PM) [snapback]108277[/snapback]
NO WAY!

really?!

wow...thats wonderful. at last turks working together for justice and freedom! right?

haha, who gives a flying f*ck!
he can get all the support from all the turks he wants. the internationnal community still wants you guys out of cyprus!

NO! The international community want the Turkish ARMY out of Cyprus. The majority of Turkish and Greek Cypriots want to unite! Go to any Cyprus forum and see for yourself, I can reccommend you some if you have no luck finding them...

Oh I dunno why I'm bothering with you Armenoids anyways icon_rolleyes.gif.....Like you know about the Cyprus issue.

+Quote Post
irlandahay
post 04/29/07 09:00 PM
Post #9

i am half irish half armenian, ireland is free from england, but armenia has yet to be free from the clutches of turkey

QUOTE(Kemalist @ 04/30/07 01:59 AM) [snapback]108289[/snapback]
NO! The international community want the Turkish ARMY out of Cyprus. The majority of Turkish and Greek Cypriots want to unite! Go to any Cyprus forum and see for yourself, I can reccommend you some if you have no luck finding them...

Oh I dunno why I'm bothering with you Armenoids anyways icon_rolleyes.gif.....Like you know about the Cyprus issue.

hahahahaha!
omg...get this guy!

right, I'm sure the greeks would love nothing more then to be united with their long lost turkish brothers from the other side! there are refugess waiting to go to their home from were they were kicked out brutally and are now being filled by turkish parasites!

turks have no right to be in cyprus as whole! there is no such thing as a "turkish republic of northern cyrpus". greeks want a cyprus. a greek one, the REAL one! not one shared with the turks.

greeks are smart, they have learnt their lesson and I have full confidence that never again will they let the turkish hoof trample their holy lands!

why are you bothering with us? why are you even here in the first place? HAHA good nick! kemalist? I suppose your here to show us how democratic and free turkey is with a name like that!

+Quote Post
Mordoth
post 05/01/07 08:46 AM
Post #10

TURKIST

Member No.: 262

QUOTE(Kemalist @ 04/29/07 08:59 PM) [snapback]108289[/snapback]

Sorry , but i'd like to say something for your misleading sentence .

No Greek cypriot voted for unitition . 70% of Turks voted to unite , however UN 's plan was fallen and Turks have been " wrong " again despite Turks voted for UN .

+Quote Post
Hosank
post 05/01/07 11:06 AM
Post #11

i would not mind a union of the island, but as long as it follows the principles of majority rule, which turkey does not seem to accept, since..after all, they did invade the island.

+Quote Post
Kemalist
post 05/02/07 10:54 AM
Post #12

Poster

QUOTE(Mordoth @ 05/01/07 08:46 AM) [snapback]108351[/snapback]
Sorry , but i'd like to say something for your misleading sentence .

No Greek cypriot voted for unitition . 70% of Turks voted to unite , however UN 's plan was fallen and Turks have been " wrong " again despite Turks voted for UN .

Morodoth...
I speak to Greek Cypriots on a daily basis. The reason the Annan Plan was rejected was because it was hardly a "unification" plan. It was a plan serving Turkeys best interests and not Cyprus'.

Greek Cypriots want Turkish army and settlers out of Cyprus plus the right to return to their homes. The Annan plan hardly saw to any of these needs.

irlandahay= Yet again more rubbish from the anti-Turkish Armenoid icon_lol.gif. There have been studies which prove that Turkish and Greek Cypriots share the same gene pool. They are closer related to eachother then to those from the mainlands both Greece and Turkey since people used to change religion back in the day. Greek Cypriots do not want Turkish Cypriots out, they want Turkey and her army out!!!!!!!!

If they wanted Turkish Cypriots out there wouldn't be Turkish signs all over the Greek side, there wouldn't be Turkish writing on their money, Turkish would not be one of the 2 official languages....I could go on and on but I don't think I need to...
I suggest you go to cyprus-forum.com or talkcyprus.com and read some posts before running up your mouth like you know anything about Greek/Turkish Cypriots and what they want. icon_rolleyes.gif

Majority of people in both communities now favour a bi federal state. You can go off on a sissy fit all you want but this will be the only way Cyprob will be settled. Now get out of the Cyprus forum and go back to the Armenian one where you might have some valid arguments...

+Quote Post
Hosank
post 05/02/07 06:13 PM
Post #13

The reason the Annan Plan was rejected was because it was hardly a "unification" plan. It was a plan serving Turkeys best interests and not Cyprus'.

yes.

anti-Turkish Armenoid

though i somewhat agree on your point of view on the cyprus issue, and it is true that irlandahye's comment is quite naively, and blindly antiturkish biast, i do not appreciate the comment, if you consider yourself a respectful civilized individual i mean.

There have been studies which prove that Turkish and Greek Cypriots share the same gene pool.

there is always some mixing of course. but that does not mean greek cypriots and turk cyps have the same genetic background. since there have never been many turks on the island, their genetic influence must be somewhat minimal.
just like, armenians and turks share some common genes, after centuries of rape, and armenian children growing up as turks, but we are still 2 distinct peoples, with distinct cultures, and genetic backgrounds.

If they wanted Turkish Cypriots out there wouldn't be Turkish signs all over the Greek side, there wouldn't be Turkish writing on their money, Turkish would not be one of the 2 official languages....I could go on and on but I don't think I need to...

i know armenian cypriots, and from what they tell me, the 'bilateral agreement' thing is not so black and white for the greek side.. i don't know about the turkish side, since there arn't any armenians there to talk to icon_wink.gif

Now get out of the Cyprus forum and go back to the Armenian one where you might have some valid arguments...

as i have mentioned earlier, i have armenian friends on the island, and if you have looked at any other post of mine, you would see that cyprus has once been part of an armenian kindgom. this meaning, we armenians have as much right as you, turk, for being on this thread.

mordoth does not seem to mind writing in the armenian, or even kurdish, or iraki, or algerian parts of the forum, why would we not be allowed to , out of interest, or curiosity.

but the reality is that up to now, there has only been mordoth, writing on this thread, and it is still interesting to read the perspective of an islander turk, rather then a Greywolf supporting Bolistsi

+Quote Post
Israel_Pundit
post 05/14/07 01:30 AM
Post #14

Poster

Member No.: 3,409
Conflict/Cultural/Country Interest: Israel, Palestine, Egypt, Lebanon, Assyria, Iraq, Iran, Kurdistan, Turkey

It is interesting to note how partners to neighbouring conflicts will interfere with other conflicts to make the situation worse. aside from commonality of one party to the conflict (Turkey), there's not much in common between the conflicts. Infact, the situation in Cyprus is such that most Turkish Cypriots DO want a reunification, it is the exact conditions that are under debate.

If you fail to recall, the current involvment of turkey was due to the option of reunification with Greece (enosis) and violent action by the EOKA. I do not believe the intention of most Greek cypriots was to force this upon their neighbours, but maybe they were powerless to stop them.

But one day, the conditions will rise to the reunification of the Island.

The Turkish and Greek cypriots do have quite divergant genetic background but nonetheless with evident mixing. that however does not matter, since both recognize each other's indigenity to the Island.

I also disagree with some grey wolf vision of Cyprus under turkish control. to me it seems a distortion of the desire to protect fellow turkic people (quite acceptable) with unwarranted anti-greek sentiments. i'm quite amicable to the grey wolf cause, but still support a unified cyprus and not a turkish one.

+Quote Post
Hosank
post 05/15/07 11:31 PM
Post #15

how can you be amicable to the greywolf cause..
it's like agreeing with hitler...towards jews...

+Quote Post
Israel_Pundit
post 05/16/07 01:52 AM
Post #16

Poster

Conflict/Cultural/Country Interest: Israel, Palestine, Egypt, Lebanon, Assyria, Iraq, Iran, Kurdistan, Turkey

QUOTE(Hosank @ 05/16/07 08:31 AM) [snapback]109354[/snapback]
how can you be amicable to the greywolf cause..
it's like agreeing with hitler...towards jews...

as far as i know the grey wolves aren't against Jews and aren't against other nationalities in particular - they want to take care and unify the turkic nations in a federation. there are some that want to do it violently but not all. i'm not for violence, but if they manage to build a confederation of turkic states, what's so bad about it?
many former soviet republics were very much oppressed by the russians, stripping the locals of religion and culture. how can i be unsympathetic to their cause?

as long as they don't plan on genocide, or annexing territories that don't belong to them, i can't see the parallel. can you elaborate?

also as far as i know the grey wolves don't want to conquer cyprus, but rather would accept any peace which maintains the rights of turkish cypriots. right or wrong?

we'll sum it up this way: i'm amicable to what i precieve to be the cause and effect of the grey wolves as described above. i do not condone militarist expansion and senseless killing in order to achieve that target. i think of a turkic union like the european union.

+Quote Post
irlandahay
post 05/16/07 02:42 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(Israel_Pundit @ 05/16/07 07:52 AM) [snapback]109357[/snapback]
as far as i know the grey wolves aren't against Jews and aren't against other nationalities in particular - they want to take care and unify the turkic nations in a federation. there are some that want to do it violently but not all. i'm not for violence, but if they manage to build a confederation of turkic states, what's so bad about it?
many former soviet republics were very much oppressed by the russians, stripping the locals of religion and culture. how can i be unsympathetic to their cause?

as long as they don't plan on genocide, or annexing territories that don't belong to them, i can't see the parallel. can you elaborate?

also as far as i know the grey wolves don't want to conquer cyprus, but rather would accept any peace which maintains the rights of turkish cypriots. right or wrong?

we'll sum it up this way: i'm amicable to what i precieve to be the cause and effect of the grey wolves as described above. i do not condone militarist expansion and senseless killing in order to achieve that target. i think of a turkic union like the european union.

you must be talking about the pink puppies and not the grey wolves right?

Arn't against jews? Arn't against other nations?
are you from mars? of course they are! their fregin slogan is turkey for the turks!
They shot the pope, and all the anti-semetist rallys or anti everything rallies there are in turkey is led by the grey fags! They are skinheads and are a shame for turkey (as if turkey isnt a shameful enough place as it is).

most of them arnt violent? are you kidding?

dont plan genocide or annex territories that dont belong to them? too late, theyv carried out many genocides and their entire state is created on stolen and annexed lands!

how can you compare turkey to EU?

duuude, you really need to do more research...

+Quote Post
Hosank
post 05/16/07 04:34 PM
Post #18

there is nothing wrong with uniting people of the same culture, race etc..

yet, that is not what turkey wants.
what turkey wants is similar to the nazi liebenstrom, or living space.
they want to build their turanic nation over the local and indegenous armenians, Assyrians and greeks, over the georgians, over the lezgis and so on.

if you think the greywolves are not racist and violent. here is a speech by it's leader.

" Turks do not have any friend or ally other than other Turks. Turks! turn to your roots. Our words are to those that have Turkish ancestry and are Turks.... Those that have torn down this nation (referring to the Ottoman Empire) are Greek, Armenian and Jew traitors, and Kurdish, Bosnian and Albanians... How can you, as a Turk, tolerate these dirty minorities. Remove from within the Armenians and Kurds and all Turkish enemies. [1] "

"Today, in East Anatolia there are people who speak an artificial language called Kurdish, but they are not a separate nation or race. If they were a separate nation we should struggle to prevent them to come to positions in the government that represents Turk. We would strongly oppose this. For the future of our government and nation, for the proud and honour of Turk, we would make this struggle. Why did not we do this? Because, these people are pure Turkish people. They can be governor, minister or president as any Turk can"

the greywolves are directly comparable to the hitlerjugen.
so if you call yourself a jew, and you despise what happened to you in ww2, do not be a hypocrite and accept the same consequences for other peoples of the world.

+Quote Post
Israel_Pundit
post 05/17/07 12:23 AM
Post #19

Poster

the description you have above is my understanding of the grey wolf movement, from talking to a grey wolf. maybe i've been cheated. but nonetheless, to the cause as I stated above I am sympathetic, and to which that you described above i am not.

this is quite troubling all that you have said, i am going to conduct my own research and return here later.

+Quote Post
irlandahay
post 05/17/07 03:59 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(Israel_Pundit @ 05/17/07 06:23 AM) [snapback]109388[/snapback]
the description you have above is my understanding of the grey wolf movement, from talking to a grey wolf. maybe i've been cheated. but nonetheless, to the cause as I stated above I am sympathetic, and to which that you described above i am not.

this is quite troubling all that you have said, i am going to conduct my own research and return here later.

thats a good idea icon_smile.gif

btw, where are you from anyway? as in, dyou actually live in israel?

+Quote Post
Hosank
post 05/17/07 05:30 PM
Post #21

he said he is from tel aviv.

yes please do your research about them, and conduct a good research on panturkism before you come back to tell us that it is a good ideology

+Quote Post
davit
post 05/18/07 11:29 PM
Post #22

Poster 300

Member No.: 3,284
Conflict/Cultural/Country Interest: im armenian im 14 years old im cristian im not interested in any other culters like muslim because tahts wrong and muslim suck.lol

QUOTE(Hosank @ 05/17/07 05:30 PM) [snapback]109422[/snapback]
yes please do your research about them, and conduct a good research on panturkism before you come back to tell us that it is a good ideology

please and thanks

+Quote Post
Get Real!
post 10/13/08 04:57 PM
Post #23

New

Member No.: 3,459
Conflict/Cultural/Country Interest: Cyprus

What a stupid thread... a year on and the "TRNC" is not only unrecognized but now bankrupt and Musharaf as relevant as Tutankhamen.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 04/17/14 11:32 PM