No Concession On Cyprus Without Easing Isolation
prot9999
post 09/16/06 03:22 AM
Post #1

Group: MEIC Conversion Group
Member No.: 291

No concession on Cyprus without easing isolation

ISTANBUL - Turkish Daily News

Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has reiterated his government's firmness on not opening Turkey's ports or airports to traffic from Greek Cyprus unless the European Union takes steps to ease the isolation of the Turkish Cypriots.

“No one should expect us to open our ports and airports as long as the isolation of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (KKTC) is not lifted,” Erdoğan told a group of businesspersons during a meeting of the Istanbul Chamber of Commerce (İTO) on Thursday.

Brussels has warned of a train crash in Turkish-EU relations by the end of the year over Turkey's refusal to open up its ports and airports to traffic from Greek Cyprus unless the international isolation of the KKTC is eased.

Praising his government's performance concerning the Cyprus issue, Erdoğan also dismissed allegations that the government has been in an appeasement mode concerning the same issue.

The prime minister explained that several visits to and from the KKTC had taken place during his Justice and Development Party's (AKP) governance.

Giving a landmark visit by KKTC President Mehmet Ali Talat to Pakistan earlier this month as an example and in an apparent comparison between performance of his government and earlier governments, Erdoğan asked, “Why did these visits take place now and not in the past?"

In apparent response to interpretations that Greek Cyprus might exercise its veto right and halt Turkey's negotiations with the 25-member bloc, Erdoğan said: “If the 24 countries are considering wasting Turkey with a population of 75 million for Greek Cyprus which has a population of 600-650,000; then it is up to them. We have told this to them very clearly and succinctly.”

Earlier this week, Ali Babacan, the chief negotiator for Turkey's EU accession talks, said that Turkey and the EU were trying to find an interim solution to avoid a crisis over Cyprus that could overshadow their relations in coming weeks.

“We see that the European Commission, member states and the EU Presidency are expending serious efforts to find a provisional or partial solution. What they are trying to do is to look at the bigger picture and produce technical alternatives. We are optimistic that there will be a provisional or partial solution,” Babacan had said in an interview.

Source : TurkishDailyNews

Regards,
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hosank
post 09/26/06 03:45 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 966
Conflict/Cultural/Country Interest: armenia, turkey, azerbaijan, mostly, ...christian lebanon...

another example of turkik non racists taking the world hostage with their threats...how common
its funny how the turkish government has not changed in 500 years since osman the 1st

+Quote Post
Mordoth
post 10/05/06 01:43 PM
Post #3

TURKIST

Member No.: 262

Hosank ;
Osman I is so young for that idea . We are strong and humanitarian like that from the Hunnic and Scatian Empires ...
It is METE who was pioneer of Turkish HUNs .
it is not a tradition to leave the lands where are liberated by Turkish blood .

+Quote Post
Hosank
post 10/07/06 07:40 PM
Post #4

Conflict/Cultural/Country Interest: armenia, turkey, azerbaijan, mostly, ...christian lebanon...

"liberated with turkish blood"?...right...if that is liberation in the turkish dictionnary,...

and trust me,...i know quite well that it isn't turkish tradition to leave conquered lands...

HENSE WESTERN ARMENIA....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Mordoth
post 10/08/06 10:39 PM
Post #5

TURKIST

Yeah , i recognize the western armenia , it involves the east of Igdir . Isn't it ?
( We recognize Modern-Day Armenia , and i could not understand your view ... )

+Quote Post
Hosank
post 10/09/06 07:15 PM
Post #6

what is there not to understand...

of course you recognise modern day armenia..because you have made sure..through treaturous deals with the soviets to strip armenia of all its land and leave it with less than a 10th of its original 1918 borders..
thank you turks...

but..
what you don't seem to realise with what i said..and i will have to explain it to you...is that..

you said: "it is not a tradition to leave the lands where are liberated by Turkish blood ."
and i said: i know that is true.. ( if you change liberate to occupy and genocide) because turks are still living in western armenia as part of eastern turkey....

+Quote Post
Mordoth
post 10/10/06 11:35 AM
Post #7

TURKIST

QUOTE(Hosank @ 10/09/06 08:15 PM) [snapback]94630[/snapback]

what is there not to understand...
of course you recognise modern day armenia..because you have made sure..through treaturous deals with the soviets to strip armenia of all its land and leave it with less than a 10th of its original 1918 borders..
thank you turks...

but..
what you don't seem to realise with what i said..and i will have to explain it to you...is that..

you said: "it is not a tradition to leave the lands where are liberated by Turkish blood ."
and i said: i know that is true.. ( if you change liberate to occupy and genocide) because turks are still living in western armenia as part of eastern turkey....

Your leaders have beseeched us to sign the PacT Dé Brest-Litowsk to armistace .And maybe ; it is what you still do not want to understand . You still wanna make here an offtopic-thread by sending those which accuse Soviet government who had nothing to do with independant Armenia .
There was no Armenia ( original (!) such original that their maps are drawn by French newspapers ) until 1860 . Since Russ-French-American Embassys converted minority of Armenian into variety of non-Apostolic sections .
We liberated Cyprus By our own Blood , we were massacred , tortured , raped and now the criminals seems to be right when we ask those ex-bad-evidences which are unforgivable ; to your(Christians) consciences .

+Quote Post
irlandahay
post 10/11/06 07:59 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 707
Conflict/Cultural/Country Interest: ARMENIA!

i am half irish half armenian, ireland is free from england, but armenia has yet to be free from the clutches of turkey

the ottomans were barely involved in the brest-livosk treaty because they were getting their arses kicked while their german allies were running over the russians..
brestlivosk was between the russians and germans...that wasn't the armistice fool

my leaders did nothing but destroy the turkish army in the field. the turkish government was able to destroy its economy and starve its people on its own...

and..im accusing both turkey and the soviet union of destroying armenia..what im saying is that you only recognised the soviet republic of armenia, once the soviets, through pressure from the turks gave turkey armenias western provinces and its eastern and southern provinces to azerbaijan...

there was no sovereign nation-state of armenia in 1860 so of course it would not show up on a map..but there was in 1918...

you "occupied" cyprus with the blood of the greeks...30 years ago..there were almost no turks..then the turkish government sent waves of immigration to cyprus...once they were large enough, you sent the army to "protect them"...

+Quote Post
Hosank
post 10/11/06 08:02 PM
Post #9

last post under the name irlandahay is by hosank

+Quote Post
Mordoth
post 10/11/06 08:36 PM
Post #10

TURKIST

you "occupied" cyprus with the blood of the greeks...30 years ago..there were almost no turks..then the turkish government sent waves of immigration to cyprus...once they were large enough, you sent the army to "protect them"...

Right , i have no assertions about Ottoman involvement in the treaty .But it was not the Unique Treaty which decided the borders ...
What about Treaty of KARS ; IT is written that " National Assembly of Turks and Armenian Republic ."
LoL ...
And the guyz whom you are naming as an " Army " should be composed of elders and kids to be burned in Mosques and buried ALIVE ... hmm ...Your grandpas did not destroy any then ?

HERE COMES the new photos to show . These are recently posted off from Turkish Armed Forces' Archives , and now ; call them biased ...

http://galeri.sabah.com.tr/resimler/88/28C...4F85CE7502p.jpg
http://hurarsiv.hurriyet.com.tr/goster/ars...x?picid=2284291
http://galeri.sabah.com.tr/resimler/88/B52...4DBC5F774Dp.jpg
http://galeri.sabah.com.tr/resimler/88/E94...4182939057p.jpg
http://galeri.sabah.com.tr/resimler/88/A87...4E94ED5A3Bp.jpg
http://galeri.sabah.com.tr/resimler/88/0E9...49A77C2E0Fp.jpg
http://galeri.sabah.com.tr/resimler/88/A55...4FABBE0526p.jpg
http://galeri.sabah.com.tr/resimler/88/753...4B82B4EC00p.jpg
http://galeri.sabah.com.tr/resimler/88/157...47822C87A6p.jpg

Have a look @ what your great grandpas did , and after that ( if you have the conscience to refuse Turkish Genocide ) debate about that

BTW ; again a deflection of issue ... Never mind cyprus ... LoooL , we 're discussing about your inhumanity .

+Quote Post
Hosank
post 10/12/06 10:34 PM
Post #11

thank you for posting pictures of dead bodies...found on the military website of turkey's fascist government...

i feel so inclined to your cause now and i am very sorry i ever counterdicted you..
my armenian grandparents are total animals and are subhumans...thank you for shedding the light on my people's barbarism and exposing armenians and greeks for the turk murdering fools they really are...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

+Quote Post
Mordoth
post 12/03/06 05:23 PM
Post #12

TURKIST

QUOTE(Hosank @ 10/12/06 11:34 PM) [snapback]94962[/snapback]

thank you for posting pictures of dead bodies...found on the military website of turkey's fascist government...

Then i let you to post the documents of extremely democratic - Godsent Armenia's archives' .

+Quote Post
Hosank
post 12/05/06 03:52 PM
Post #13

i guess i could post pictures, taken from various reliable 3rd parties as well as amrenian and ottoman archives...
but whats the use...
you will simply say the same thing: you will say its an armenian lie, then you will say that the bodies are turkish and so on and so on....
even though the pictures are true

so, who ever wants to post pictures of armenian genocide go ahead, i will too

+Quote Post
Mordoth
post 12/07/06 01:11 PM
Post #14

TURKIST

I posted variety of PHOTOS ; and you denied that .
irish , you does not matter ; each one of you did not accept the Archives .

I do not deny that armos were killed or dead during the journey . ( exile )
BUT IT WAS NOT A governmental compulsion / systematical ...etc

I 've actually 50 Photos of Kazim Karabekir . ( Totally )When i have got leisure time ; i 'm gonna upload them and attach those to MEIC .

+Quote Post
Hosank
post 12/11/06 03:39 PM
Post #15

lol...so the armenians, just decided to leave their ancestral homes, all 2.5 million of them, all at once,...and decided to go to syria? knowing how perrillious it would be?...somehow i doubt that.

your pictures are almost always taken off turkish government websites..of course they are not real...

+Quote Post
Mordoth
post 12/16/06 11:40 AM
Post #16

TURKIST

QUOTE(Hosank @ 12/11/06 04:39 PM) [snapback]100324[/snapback]

lol...so the armenians, just decided to leave their ancestral homes, all 2.5 million of them, all at once,...and decided to go to syria? knowing how perrillious it would be?...somehow i doubt that.

your pictures are almost always taken off turkish government websites..of course they are not real...
Armos should leave the lands of battle for a couple of years . What if they 'd left there ?
Some Armenians have stayed in Istanbul for hundreds of years . Had they any objection about that issue ?
No .

My pix are taken from Turkish archives , and not-true .
Yeah , no armos have pictures about that alleged genocide except Armin wegner's . LoL , his ancestors was armo , his name is an armenian name.

+Quote Post
Hosank
post 12/18/06 12:07 PM
Post #17

1)...armenians didn't...leave...a battle zone, especially if, as you clame, they were the russian's allies. why weren't muslims deported? and why were armenians deported as far west as anakara and so on??

just because a man has armenian ancestry does not make his camera malfunction...and we have more pics then that

+Quote Post
irlandahay
post 01/11/07 07:11 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 707
Conflict/Cultural/Country Interest: ARMENIA!

i am half irish half armenian, ireland is free from england, but armenia has yet to be free from the clutches of turkey

QUOTE(Mordoth @ 12/16/06 05:40 PM) [snapback]100584[/snapback]

My pix are taken from Turkish archives , and not-true .

it's okay hosank...he just admitted that his pictures are fake...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 04/23/14 09:55 PM