Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Looking For Oil And Gas In Armenia
veritas
post 05/30/07 08:50 AM
Post #1

Group: MEIC Conversion Group
Member No.: 399

Vangold Resources Ltd. Canadian company joined the agreement on joint use of resources concluded between the Armenian Energy Ministry and Blackstairs Energy (Ireland).

With a 50% share holding the Canadian enterprise will join oil and gas processing in segments N4, 5 and 6, covering a territory of 13 775 km2 in central and southern Armenia.

The project is meant for 5 years and can be prolonged for two additional 2-year periods. It totals $2.4 million, at that Canadian investments will make $1.2 million, according to a source.

Mr Dal Brynelsen, President of Vangold Resources Ltd., said the authority provided by the agreement allows prospecting on half of Armenia’s territory adjacent to Iran, Azerbaijan and Georgia, the states rich in oil and gas. “We suppose the south of Armenia has similar potential,” he added, IA Regnum reports.

http://www.panarmenian.net/news/eng/?nid=22479

Man i hope they hit the freakin motherload, not only will it mean heaps of liquid capital for Armenia but it will change the whole geo-political situation in the whole region.

so many nations will put hard core energy starved pressure on both azeri and turks and the doner kebab pipeline they have.

it is also good the yanks are not gonna fund the poofy railway linking them up as well. nicejob guys. for once. how about admitting a genocide.

i bet they will scream genocide from the roof tops if there is any real amount of oil and gas found in Armenia!.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hosank
post 05/30/07 11:52 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 966
Conflict/Cultural/Country Interest: armenia, turkey, azerbaijan, mostly, ...christian lebanon...

canada, ireland, and amenia working together lol...

i hope they respect environmental procedures though.
i agree that it would change the geopolitical situation in favour of armenians, but i do not want armenia's economy to be based fully on the export of oil.
i mean, look at azerbaijan: inflation because of oil is destroying the economy, all other businesses are feeling, and oil is the only industry that brings in cash.; not only that, they found out their oil supplies were not as vast as they expected and it will begin to be depleted by 2012

+Quote Post
veritas
post 05/30/07 09:54 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 399

I have a feeling Hosank that any resources will be managed a little better than across the border.

I agree, large amounts of liqiud capital influx has the danger to overheat the economy, but it will also greatly improve the situation with closed borders and such as well, hopefully leading to an increase in trade of all kinds and not only petrochem products. presuming they find oil of coarse.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 04/24/14 03:32 AM