Reply to this topicStart new topic
Turkish Armed Forces In Korean War
Mordoth
post 09/17/07 10:31 PM
Post #1

TURKIST

Group: MEIC Conversion Group
Member No.: 262

4500 soldiers in the middle of the firing line have known how to create miracle. The sacrifices of the Turks will eternally remain in our minds."

Washington Tribune

"The courageous battles of the Turkish Brigade have created a favorable effect on the whole United Nations Forces."

Time

"The surprise of the Korean battles were not the Chinese but the Turks. It is impossible at this moment to find a word to describe the heroism which the Turks have shown in the battles."

Abent Post

"The Turks have shown in Kunuri a heroism worthy of their glorious history. The Turks have gained the admiration of the whole world through their glorious fighting in the battles."

Figaro

"The Turks who have been known throughout history by their courage and decency, have proved that they have kept these characteristics, in the war which the United Nations undertook in Korea."

Burner - U.S. Congressman

"There is no one left who does not know that the Turks, our valuable allies, are hard warriors and that they have accomplished very great feats at the front."

Claude Pepper, U.S. Senator

"I now understand that the vote I gave in favor of assistance to Turkey was the most fitting vote I gave in my life. Courage, bravery and heroism are the greatest virtues which will sooner or later conquer. In this matter, I know no nation superior to the Turks."

Rose - U.S. Senator

"While the Turks were for a long time fighting against the enemy and dying, the British and Americans were withdrawing. The Turks, who were out of ammunition, affixed their bayonets and attacked the enemy and there ensued a terrible hand to hand combat. The Turks succeeded in withdrawing by continuous combat and by carrying their injured comrades on their backs. They paraded at Pyongyang with their heads held high."

G.G. Martin - British Lieutenant General

"The Turkish forces have shown success above that expected in the battles they gave in Korea."

General Collings - Commander US Army

"We owe the escape of thousands of United Nations troops out of a certain encirclement to the heroism of the Turkish soldiers. The Turkish soldiers in Korea have added a new and unforgettable page of honor to the customs and legends of heroism of the Turkish nation."

Emanuel Shinwell - U.K. Minister of Defense

"The heroic soldiers of a heroic nation, you have saved the Eighth Army and the IX'th Army Crops from encirclement and the 2nd Division from destruction. I came here today to thank you on behalf of the United Nations Army."

General Walton H. Walker, Commander, Eighth Army

"The Turks are the hero of heroes. There is no impossibility for the Turkish Brigade."

General Douglas MacArthur - United Nations Forces Commander in Chief

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
arrow
post 09/18/07 12:31 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,426
Conflict/Cultural/Country Interest: Turkish, Armenian, Greek.

Great post my brother, but you will certainly piss a lot of haters around here icon_smile.gif How dare all those people said anything good, even heroic, about us Turks icon_biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Hosank
post 09/18/07 12:54 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 966
Conflict/Cultural/Country Interest: armenia, turkey, azerbaijan, mostly, ...christian lebanon...

lol, right away arrow with the pejorative thoughts..

just when i was about to say, good for you turks, you fought the communists.

+Quote Post
arrow
post 09/19/07 02:19 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(Hosank @ 09/18/07 09:54 PM) [snapback]116436[/snapback]
lol, right away arrow with the pejorative thoughts..

just when i was about to say, good for you turks, you fought the communists.

Oh, and we fought well, you know our army ever ready ever vigilant an all icon_smile.gif

+Quote Post
Hosank
post 09/21/07 08:49 AM
Post #5

Conflict/Cultural/Country Interest: armenia, turkey, azerbaijan, mostly, ...christian lebanon...

im sure you did, i heard many times of tales of bravery in the tiny turkish over seas force in korea.

our army ever vigilant an all

now if this last part of your post is meant to be a subtle mise en garde i must tell you that it is unfounded, because this noble act, (involvement in the korean war) was done over 60 years ago, and turkey has not really posed so many noble acts towards the world community in recent years, so if you are trying to change this to a hommage of turkish military supremacy in modern times, i don't suggest you try.

+Quote Post
arrow
post 09/24/07 10:02 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(Hosank @ 09/21/07 05:49 PM) [snapback]116550[/snapback]
im sure you did, i heard many times of tales of bravery in the tiny turkish over seas force in korea.
now if this last part of your post is meant to be a subtle mise en garde i must tell you that it is unfounded, because this noble act, (involvement in the korean war) was done over 60 years ago, and turkey has not really posed so many noble acts towards the world community in recent years, so if you are trying to change this to a hommage of turkish military supremacy in modern times, i don't suggest you try.

And I suggest you take math or history lessons becouse you definatly lack one of them icon_smile.gif

Korean war was between 1950 - 1953...

We are in Afganistan, we were in Somalia, Bosnia.... Yes we didn't even move a finger icon_eek.gif

+Quote Post
Hosank
post 09/24/07 12:37 PM
Post #7

you were in armenia, northern cyprus, kurdistan, yes we know your kind of military 'intervention'
bosina lol..protecting peace or protecting your interests?

oh i am sorry, clearly i lack very much in knowledge of history,
and mathematics, since i said 60 years ago, when i should have said 58 deeply sorry, a whole different epoch

+Quote Post
Mordoth
post 09/25/07 11:46 PM
Post #8

TURKIST

QUOTE(Hosank @ 09/24/07 01:37 PM) [snapback]116593[/snapback]
you were in armenia, northern cyprus, kurdistan, yes we know your kind of military 'intervention'
bosina lol..protecting peace or protecting your interests?

Protecting our intrests of course , like US sayings icon_smile.gif

But we never mess the places where our army is placed. ( Unlike US did in Iraq )

Where is kurdoston ? LoL

And you have armies in Turkish lands , KARABAG ( which you call in an Caucasian Albanian word " Artsah " ) and we have 1+ million refugees now. icon_sad.gif This is the way you protect peace. (!)

+Quote Post
arrow
post 09/26/07 12:15 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(Mordoth @ 09/26/07 08:46 AM) [snapback]116628[/snapback]
Protecting our intrests of course , like US sayings icon_smile.gif

But we never mess the places where our army is placed. ( Unlike US did in Iraq )

Where is kurdoston ? LoL

And you have armies in Turkish lands , KARABAG ( which you call in an Caucasian Albanian word " Artsah " ) and we have 1+ million refugees now. icon_sad.gif This is the way you protect peace. (!)

Cmon brother , they know no peace. According to them we are invaders on their holy lands.. They will never feel peace, even their younglings are fed with hatred..

@ Hosank, from my point of view, all you ermeni people do is talk. At least I mentioned international things that you have never moved a finger about.

So since 1>0 I'd advise you to do something and then criticise....

+Quote Post
Hosank
post 09/27/07 06:46 PM
Post #10

you are absolutely right, how dumb of us armenians, we do talk too muchwith no action, tell you what, we will do what you did, genocide minorities on our land, post soldiers in random places, and then we can talk some more.

But we never mess the places where our army is placed.

do you REALLY want to bet on that? (mm..cyprus, armenia, kurdistan, assyria, greece, crimea, bulgaria, arabia....)

lol mordoth, you seem to be demonstrating an interest for caucasian albania lately, are you going to claim that they are turks too? like the hittites? meanwhile, how would artsakh be an albanian name? since it is a composite word of 2 armenian words. tsakh being an archaic, (but still used, as i have whitnessed) term for forest, and agh is green.

in ancient times, both albanians and armenian alternately controlled the territory, till the persians weakened albania so much that they eventually murged with armenia as a princepality.
needless to say, your argument is groundless, because first you are hinting that artsakh is an albanian land, but you still state that it is turkish..something which is really hard to explain, since turks have only been living there for the past 150 years..

once again, there are 1 million refugees in the conflict, that number includes 400 000 armenians, and 600 000 azeris..but for some reason azeris never mention that. and this IS the way we protect peace, when we know it is threatened by people who commit sumgait, baku, mardakerts...

+Quote Post
Mordoth
post 09/27/07 10:25 PM
Post #11

TURKIST

QUOTE(Hosank @ 09/27/07 07:46 PM) [snapback]116685[/snapback]
you are absolutely right, how dumb of us armenians, we do talk too muchwith no action, tell you what, we will do what you did, genocide minorities on our land, post soldiers in random places, and then we can talk some more.

Who are you that gotta tell me what we have done ?
On whose lands ? LoL , you may mean Turkish territories, don't be stupid and deflect the issue up to your own.
do you REALLY want to bet on that? (mm..cyprus, armenia, kurdistan, assyria, greece, crimea, bulgaria, arabia....)
As if you have seen what happened at all.
What is kurdestan ? Where is it ? You start to tell it too much , it is like the new-coming Armenian trick icon_smile.gif

lol mordoth, you seem to be demonstrating an interest for caucasian albania lately, are you going to claim that they are turks too? like the hittites? meanwhile, how would artsakh be an albanian name? since it is a composite word of 2 armenian words. tsakh being an archaic, (but still used, as i have whitnessed) term for forest, and agh is green.
Art-Saagh ; is an Albanian word.

Some Caucasian Albanians may have been mixed with Turks ,but they are Caucasoid, non-Turks of course.But many of them had been Armenian or Georgian.

in ancient times, both albanians and armenian alternately controlled the territory, till the persians weakened albania so much that they eventually murged with armenia as a princepality.
needless to say, your argument is groundless, because first you are hinting that artsakh is an albanian land, but you still state that it is turkish..something which is really hard to explain, since turks have only been living there for the past 150 years..
I know history of the Caucasus, thanks for extra information , however all my purpose by reminding the word " Artsagh " was that even the name of the region is NOT ARMENIAN. It is " GHARA - BAGH " ( Dark Orchard )

LoL , for 150 years icon_lol.gif

once again, there are 1 million refugees in the conflict, that number includes 400 000 armenians, and 600 000 azeris..but for some reason azeris never mention that. and this IS the way we protect peace, when we know it is threatened by people who commit sumgait, baku, mardakerts...
1 Million refugees in Baku, living in bad-living conditions.

LoL , there are 143 Armenian churches in Turkiye despite ARmenians are not that populated. But how many mosques remained in my GUMRU ?

+Quote Post
Hosank
post 09/29/07 09:38 AM
Post #12

Art-Saagh ; is an Albanian word.

lol, mordoth, just wanted to let you know that the albanian language has been extinct for a thousand years, since it came out of use when the persians invaded, and was eliminated as a spoken language when your turkish ancestors ravaged their country. today, there are only some 5 to 10 thousand people speaking a language called udi, which is derived from ancient albanian, so how you know the exact meaning of the name artsakh, when most scholars have still not been able to desifer the language is totally unknown to me.

obviously, caucasian albanians are not turks, i don't see why this was ever a debate. and as i said before, caucasian albanians are not georgians and armenians, they are cousins to these respective peoples. however, after the turkic invasions, which devastated their homelands, many albanians eventually murged into the larger armenian and georgian populations, though there are still some albanians left, known as the udi people.

nevertheless, artsakh remains an armenian word, since it is a composite of 2 armenian vocabulary words, which makes undeniable evidence on the matter.

also, as i have previously discussed, and i find myself repeating myself, since clearly you didn't properly read my posts on the matter, karabakh, was coined by the persians, using turkish words, to describe how the 'green forest' of artsakh became the 'black orchard' because of the number of villages, lands, forests, burnt to the ground by turkic hordes. thus the name was not to glorify turkish presence but to properly render it's horror. also, it has come to my attention that the sound KH is pretty much never used in turkish, and we must not forget that the first armenian tribe to have migrated to the region, some 3 thousand years ago, was called the bakh tribe.

there were also many more churches in turkey before 1915, and the reason why there are more churches than armenians in modern turkey...i think you know the reason.

second, giumri was a small armenian village till some 200 years ago,when it was under russian rule, there was never any mosque built in giumri, since there was never a muslim presence in the city long enough to build any mosque.

for your information, putting a U at the end of giumri does not make it turkish, as i have perviously discussed, in another post when you claimed giumri was a turkish city. the name guimry comes from an armenian Bakranid prince who, after winning a battle on the site of the city, insulted the enemy by saying "your mother" which in armenian is "gu mair@t" which, by the time the city was founded, became giumri. at least, that's how the saying goes.

finally, if you want to discuss mosques and churches, keep in mind that yerevan has a fonctioning mosque, called the blue mosque, there were several other mosques in yerevan, but the soviets destroyed them, along with a half a dozen churches. also, in shushi, which was a majority armenian city till 1918, when it's armenian population was massacred and deported (20 000 dead). by 1918, there were 12 churches in shushi, most of them between 500 and 1000 years old, and 2 mosques, built by the persians some 50 years before, by 1992, when shushi was once again liberated, there was 1 running church, plus the cathedral which the azeris used to stock bombs, and has since been restored, and the 2 persian mosques, which the armenians did not destroy (as the azeris had armenian churches) i would know because i visited them, twice, i will show you the pics if i you want, by respect for their religion, there are also mosques in agdam, which the armenians have not destroyed, even though azeris are destroying 1000 year old armenian cemetaries in nakhichevan, and armenian graves in baku, converting armenian churches into libraries, (worse have been done in turkey)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 04/25/14 03:52 AM