IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
It Is Truly Shameful That Turkey Coerces Patriarch Mutafyan To Oppose Armenian Genocide Resolution
Hosank
post 09/19/07 03:28 PM
Post #1

Group: MEIC Conversion Group
Member No.: 966
Conflict/Cultural/Country Interest: armenia, turkey, azerbaijan, mostly, ...christian lebanon...

PanARMENIAN.Net
19.09.2007 12:32 GMT+04:00

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ The Armenian National Committee of America recently
sent a letter to all 535 Congressional offices regarding the upcoming
visit of Patriarch Mutafyan of Constantinople.

As ANCA Executive Director Aram Hamparian told a PanARMENIAN.Net
reporter, the letter stresses that: "the Patriarch - like the leaders
of all religious minorities in Turkey - lives in constant fear of
acts of discrimination and retribution by a Turkish government that
actively persecutes those who speak freely on human rights and other
"sensitive" issues.

As a virtual hostage, the Patriarch - whose life has been threatened
on many occasions - will, as has in the past, be forced to follow
the Turkish government's line. It is truly shameful that Turkey has
resorted to using coercion - cynically taking advantage of the concern
of Patriach Mesrob for the safety of his flock - in a last ditch bid
to block the adoption of the Armenian Genocide Resolution."

Rep. Adam Schiff, the lead author of the Armenian Genocide Resolution,
commented on the growing pressure on Turkey's remaining Armenians,
noting that, "In order to perpetuate its campaign of denial,
Turkey seeks to intimidate all Armenians worldwide, but especially
the Armenians in Turkey who must live with daily threats. It is a
criminal offense to merely speak about the Armenian Genocide, let alone
advocate for the passage of the Armenian Genocide Resolution before the
Congress. The editor of the last Armenian-language newspaper in Turkey,
Hrant Dink, was assassinated for writing about the genocide this year,
and a popular video now being circulated in Turkey celebrates his
killers and threatens Armenians."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mordoth
post 09/19/07 05:59 PM
Post #2

TURKIST

Member No.: 262

I advise you to be a member of " Panaryan.net " to drain the hatre upon Turks which is injected to your veins by your relatives . lol .

sourcing is great, however go to the site which i advised.

+Quote Post
arrow
post 09/20/07 09:33 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,426
Conflict/Cultural/Country Interest: Turkish, Armenian, Greek.

Is this about the same person that diaspora hates becouse of his speeches about relations with Turks?

Oh nice source BTW, and you start whining about TAT when you see the links from it icon_smile.gif

+Quote Post
Hosank
post 09/20/07 01:48 PM
Post #4

Conflict/Cultural/Country Interest: armenia, turkey, azerbaijan, mostly, ...christian lebanon...

no, tat, has been proven to be a hoax, and the articles posted on it are filled with anachronisms, and so on, even your beloved turks have spoken against that...

though there are opinionated articles written on panarmenian, do not be so quick as to simply dismiss the article's value because it was written by armenians.

+Quote Post
arrow
post 09/21/07 06:39 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(Hosank @ 09/20/07 10:48 PM) [snapback]116515[/snapback]
though there are opinionated articles written on panarmenian, do not be so quick as to simply dismiss the article's value because it was written by armenians.

Same goes for TAT, almost all of the quotes are from books that you can go buy at any book store. Somehow nobody notices that but keeps arguing about the ID of the owner of the site....

So, is the article about the same person I mentioned. The one that says diaspora is doing wrong ?

+Quote Post
Hosank
post 09/21/07 08:45 AM
Post #6

lol, actually prot's post about a turk being murdered in yerevan was also from an armenian source, yet nor mordoth, nor yourself have even once debated it's source, because it spoke of a tragedy commited against a turk.

panarmenian, as i said earlier, is an opinionated newspaper, yet that does not mean the factual information it provides is debatable.

meanwhile, anyone who reads TAT, who's name itself is visible propaganda, as the site's only purpose is to debate fact, would notice that the site makes no sense..

now, this is a topic about turkey using the patriarch for it's political means, if you want to debate tall armenian tale, all you have to do is find intergallacticman's topic about it where most of the arguments on the site are refuted..go argue there not here...

now, can we debate the subject? or will we simply talk about the source?

+Quote Post
arrow
post 09/24/07 10:04 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(Hosank @ 09/21/07 05:45 PM) [snapback]116549[/snapback]
now, this is a topic about turkey using the patriarch for it's political means, if you want to debate tall armenian tale, all you have to do is find intergallacticman's topic about it where most of the arguments on the site are refuted..go argue there not here...

now, can we debate the subject? or will we simply talk about the source?

I don't know if Turkiye is using him or not but I just read that his speech in a US university was cancelled due to " Security Reasons".. It seems he is getting hate letters from diaspora...

+Quote Post
Hosank
post 09/24/07 12:33 PM
Post #8

the patriarch isn't getting hate mail, at least not from armenians anyways..but from turks. diasporan armenians do not hate the patriarch, but they know what he is a virtual hostage from the turkish government, many constantinople armenians i know fear for their relatives inside turkey, because they fear that if the genocide resolution passes, their relatives may be attacked.

what i am saying is that it was surely not hate mail, but there was pressure from the diaspora to the university to make sure he does not speak, and for a good cause. and it wasn't cancelled for security but rather logistical reasons..(but what ever, that's just terminology)

+Quote Post
arrow
post 09/26/07 12:26 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(Hosank @ 09/24/07 09:33 PM) [snapback]116592[/snapback]
the patriarch isn't getting hate mail, at least not from armenians anyways..but from turks. diasporan armenians do not hate the patriarch, but they know what he is a virtual hostage from the turkish government, many constantinople armenians i know fear for their relatives inside turkey, because they fear that if the genocide resolution passes, their relatives may be attacked.

what i am saying is that it was surely not hate mail, but there was pressure from the diaspora to the university to make sure he does not speak, and for a good cause. and it wasn't cancelled for security but rather logistical reasons..(but what ever, that's just terminology)

After all this time you Bashed Turkiye for acts against freedom of speech I am shocked to see that you approve this...

As for his being a virtual hostage ... He tells himself but you are unable to hear, he is against the politacal acts about genocide debates, he believes in dialogue between ermeni and Turks. But clearly it is against diaspora for some reason...

And instead of his own words you rather believe the words of ANCA, an organisation that Mutafyan is against.. Ironic in a funny way, isn't it icon_smile.gif

Oh you forgot to copy paste this from your link...

Asked by reporters if his speech was canceled because of U.S. Armenian pressure, the patriarch said, "it may have been."

+Quote Post
Hosank
post 09/27/07 01:54 PM
Post #10

oh ya you are right, sorry i shall put it again..

Asked by reporters if his speech was canceled because of U.S. Armenian pressure, the patriarch said, "it may have been."

there, i was not trying to hide it, just didn't select everything..

i mean, it's not like i am denying that armenians had anything to do with it..

and this is not a case of freespeech. for all we know, the patriarch could simply go stand on a park bench at the university and yell out what ever he had to say, you know what i mean? the university was not forced to cancel the speech, since both ways, it is the universitie's perogative weather to allow speeches in it's own facilities, get it?
i am positive that the armenian community asked to have the speech cancelled, but the armenians cannot in any way force that to happen. so the university willingly cancelled it, which is it's own right.

so there is no violation of free speech..

he believes in dialogue between ermeni and Turks

so did hrant dink. we know where that got him.

the reality is that he IS being used as a political tool by the turkish government, and it is fact that he has recieved death threats. and it is understandable why he did it..he fears for the sake of the armenian (and greek) community left in constantinople.
i know many blosahyes (as i said before) and they constantly state their fear of what might happen to their relatives still in istambul.

and before you start to object that their fear is unfounded, i suggest you take a look at your own history (excluding genocide i mean, just to do with the armenian community of istambul in recent years), before i go ahead and show it to you

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 04/20/14 02:14 AM