IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
'stop Highlighting The Genocide Or Your People Will Get Hurt' -- Turkish Governors
Sanharib
post 12/19/07 07:36 AM
Post #1

Poster 100

Group: MEIC Conversion Group
Member No.: 2,596
Conflict/Cultural/Country Interest: I'm interested in Assyria

Stockholm, Sweden (AINA) -- Former head of the Assyrian Federation in Sweden, Simon Barmano, revealed in an interview today with Swedish paper Länstidningen that he received threats from Turkish officials.

The threat was delivered to Barmano during a meeting this summer he had with four Turkish governors who were on a visit to Sweden.

On 31 August he met the governors in their hotel in Täby, north of Stockholm.

"I wanted to discuss issues concerning Assyrian lands in south eastern Turkey, but the governors were only interested in one thing: The anticipated memorial monument on the Turkish genocide against Assyrians [to be erected in the Swedish city of Södertälje, hometown of some 20 000 Assyrians since the 70s], and our efforts for recognition of the genocide," says Simon Barmano.

The governors, from Mardin, Dyiarbakir, Giresun and one of Ankaras districts, told Barmano to stop the monument because it would "not serve any good purpose anyway". When Simon Barmano said that the monument is important and that the Turkey should acknowledge the genocide the Turkish governors changed their tone, telling Barmano to "stop highlighting the genocide or your people will get hurt".

"You have already hurt our people so much, in which more ways can you hurt us?" Barmano replied.

The strong objection Turkey has towards the anticipated monument was revealed when it recently became known that people with Turkish origin had influenced Swedish politicians to stop the monument. Assyrian groups in Sweden are however continuing to push for the installation of the monument.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
arrow
post 12/19/07 07:45 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,426
Conflict/Cultural/Country Interest: Turkish, Armenian, Greek.

This topic is already in the Assyrian section. And it is not from a realible source but some ainca or whatever.

Come with a better one my friend.

+Quote Post
Sanharib
post 12/19/07 08:11 AM
Post #3

Poster 100

Member No.: 2,596
Conflict/Cultural/Country Interest: I'm interested in Assyria

why it's not a reliable source "my friend" icon_rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
irlandahay
post 12/19/07 12:17 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 707
Conflict/Cultural/Country Interest: ARMENIA!

i am half irish half armenian, ireland is free from england, but armenia has yet to be free from the clutches of turkey

QUOTE(Sanharib @ 12/19/07 02:11 PM) [snapback]118574[/snapback]
why it's not a reliable source "my friend" icon_rolleyes.gif

Turkish sources are the only "reliable sources" in Arrow's humble opinion. You shouldnt bother with ignorant buffoons like him.

I think its quite sad that turks still act the way they do. Keep up the good work and I hope to see that monument erected!

Hails

+Quote Post
Hosank
post 12/20/07 09:57 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 966
Conflict/Cultural/Country Interest: armenia, turkey, azerbaijan, mostly, ...christian lebanon...

lol arrow...
does the content of that article reveal some abnormal behaviour for the turkish government? that's why it's not a reliable source?...

"turkish government denies genocide and threatens people..." ohhh...that is such a lie, clearly it was made up, the turkish government doesn't work like that...lloooll.... smiley23.gif

+Quote Post
Mordoth
post 12/21/07 03:26 PM
Post #6

TURKIST

Member No.: 262

Haha ! Sourcing is great, and you 'd better say " This article is completely non-biased " . icon_smile.gif

R u Still Accusing Turks with the murder of the syriac academician ?

+Quote Post
irlandahay
post 12/22/07 01:10 PM
Post #7

i am half irish half armenian, ireland is free from england, but armenia has yet to be free from the clutches of turkey

QUOTE(Mordoth @ 12/21/07 09:26 PM) [snapback]118619[/snapback]
Haha ! Sourcing is great, and you 'd better say " This article is completely non-biased " . icon_smile.gif

R u Still Accusing Turks with the murder of the syriac academician ?

not only the syriacs my dear turkish friend ( icon_exclaim.gif )
but the murder of the entire syriac community, the chaldean community, the pontic greek community, the indigenous Armenian populations of the east and last but not least, the destruction of over one thousand kurdish settlements throughout southeastern Turkey.

If you are being accused of such crimes by over FIVE DIFFERENT ETHNIC COMMUNITIES, that means somewhere along the line YOU are missing something...

+Quote Post
Mordoth
post 12/23/07 07:32 AM
Post #8

TURKIST

Member No.: 262

QUOTE(irlandahay @ 12/22/07 03:10 PM) [snapback]118640[/snapback]
not only the syriacs my dear turkish friend ( icon_exclaim.gif )
but the murder of the entire syriac community, the chaldean community, the pontic greek community, the indigenous Armenian populations of the east and last but not least, the destruction of over one thousand kurdish settlements throughout southeastern Turkey.

Is your capacity of thinking depleted by the irish or the armo genes ?

Entire syriac community , lol ! There are no syriacs today then !
Especially those communities are living in high standarts in all over middle east ,right ?Especially in Iraq, they and their beloved fellows Americans are saving them from evil Muslims.

Once upon a time ,Asyrian angels were all flying on the back of gigantic falcons and the Archangel of Assyria was bringing some more might & magic to his lands , huh ? were there Pink pixies hanging around in ancient assyria too ?

You 'd better leave that cathoschool so that you would wash the dirt of christianity away .
If you are being accused of such crimes by over FIVE DIFFERENT ETHNIC COMMUNITIES, that means somewhere along the line YOU are missing something...
What about the massacres of the ones whom you count (k*rds,greaks,armoz,syrochaldeans...etc ) upon the Turkish people ? That was fair , but when we defend ourselves,it had been unfair , eh ?

+Quote Post
arrow
post 12/23/07 09:02 AM
Post #9

Well I will just skip the genocide freak ermeni posts and answer the topic owner.

BBC or anyother relaible source may do. As long as the news come from biased sources they have no value.

Cheers.

+Quote Post
irlandahay
post 12/23/07 10:01 AM
Post #10

QUOTE(Mordoth @ 12/23/07 01:32 PM) [snapback]118660[/snapback]
Is your capacity of thinking depleted by the irish or the armo genes ?

Entire syriac community , lol ! There are no syriacs today then !
Especially those communities are living in high standarts in all over middle east ,right ?Especially in Iraq, they and their beloved fellows Americans are saving them from evil Muslims.

Once upon a time ,Asyrian angels were all flying on the back of gigantic falcons and the Archangel of Assyria was bringing some more might & magic to his lands , huh ? were there Pink pixies hanging around in ancient assyria too ?

You 'd better leave that cathoschool so that you would wash the dirt of christianity away .
What about the massacres of the ones whom you count (k*rds,greaks,armoz,syrochaldeans...etc ) upon the Turkish people ? That was fair , but when we defend ourselves,it had been unfair , eh ?

Excuse me?
I am truly sorry for you that Prot9999 left the forum because you are now without a doubt the stupidest forum member. You add nothing new and make ridiculous comments like the previous one. I am descendant of two great bloodlines who have contributed more to the world than your pathetic barbarian nation will ever do.

Read a real history book, and than start commenting, until than I will not take you seriously because you are the scum of this forum.

Hails

+Quote Post
irlandahay
post 12/23/07 10:03 AM
Post #11

QUOTE(arrow @ 12/23/07 03:02 PM) [snapback]118662[/snapback]
Well I will just skip the genocide freak ermeni posts and answer the topic owner.

BBC or anyother relaible source may do. As long as the news come from biased sources they have no value.

Cheers.

BBC is a reliable source? how about CNN?

they are the most biased sources in the western hemisphere.

By unbiased you would mean a Turkish source right? icon_wink.gif

In this case I think a european source, like a sweedish or swiss one would do.
But I honestly dont believe in such a thing as being un-biased... its human nature.

+Quote Post
arrow
post 12/24/07 02:57 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(irlandahay @ 12/23/07 06:03 PM) [snapback]118673[/snapback]
BBC is a reliable source? how about CNN?

they are the most biased sources in the western hemisphere.

By unbiased you would mean a Turkish source right? icon_wink.gif

In this case I think a european source, like a sweedish or swiss one would do.
But I honestly dont believe in such a thing as being un-biased... its human nature.

My little friend, are you trying to tell me that BBC or CNN are worse than wikipedia?

Yes, we have a network called BBC icon_biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
irlandahay
post 12/24/07 10:10 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(arrow @ 12/24/07 08:57 PM) [snapback]118722[/snapback]
My little friend, are you trying to tell me that BBC or CNN are worse than wikipedia?

Yes, we have a network called BBC icon_biggrin.gif

Much worse...

You know damned well what I meant, are are you too dimwitted to know that a period at the end of a sentence marks the END OF A SENTENCE.

+Quote Post
arrow
post 12/25/07 12:53 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(irlandahay @ 12/25/07 06:10 AM) [snapback]118729[/snapback]
Much worse...

You know damned well what I meant, are are you too dimwitted to know that a period at the end of a sentence marks the END OF A SENTENCE.

Oh I know what you are meaning alright. It is just I like to have fun time to time and your obsession with me is really giving me the chuckles icon_biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Hosank
post 12/28/07 02:57 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 966
Conflict/Cultural/Country Interest: armenia, turkey, azerbaijan, mostly, ...christian lebanon...

you guys don't know what the hell you are talking about

CNN is the word of the all mighty
that is why it is C-NN Christ News Network

Anderson Cooper is the best news anchor in the world...
watch Cooper 180 dayly only on CNN

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 04/23/14 12:38 AM