Reply to this topicStart new topic
Lieberman's Israel, Like Hamas Gaza, Is Not Our Ally
Danielet
post 02/09/09 12:03 AM
Post #1

Poster

Group: MEIC Conversion Group
Member No.: 102

According to the New York Times, Avigor Lieberman stands to win big in the soon to be held Israeli elections:http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/09/world/middleeast/09israel.html?ref=world&pagewanted=printAvigdor Lieberman is one of those refuge-ed "victims" of Soviet Communism that seems to have had done quite alright under it. Indeed, his old "Commie" acquaintances reportedly get him private sessions, to this day, with the likes of Communist President Voronin of Moldova-- also a former Soviet Party hack-- and together the two are reported to have shared how humorous it is that America elected "a monkey" for president. This story may or may not be apocryphal, but it goes well with a lot of the racist remarks about the kind of Israel Lieberman wants, racist comments for which Lieberman is notorious. The point is that he is not part of some mythical Semitic "lost tribe" from among "God's Chosen People," but might well be a decedent of the long ago East European converts that "adapted" through fraud and guile in order to survive-- and survive they did. Like many others, I see him as one of many East European who rightly objected to the way they were treated by fellow East Europeans, so they moved to Palestine to mistreat indigenous Arabs EXACTLY as they were mistreated by their fellow East Europeans. Indeed, many such East Europeans aligned with the Likud Party started by Jabotinsky-- a party that then admired Hitler, despite his unfortunate dislike of Jews, because "he was very good for the German people." History has spoke, but Jabotinsky did not live to see its final judgment on Hitler. But I would point out that for every Lieberman, I can site ten Jews who are outraged by everything he stands for. As examples I offer my Jewish mentors, friends of my parents, scholars all, who tutored me through our long refuge West. For them, the likes of Lieberman and Eichmann, were only distinguishable by circumcision and by Communist vs. Nazi distinction. The thesis on racial superiority is not distinguishable even if in any way different. One got to Israel, kidnapped by Mossad, the other as an alleged "victim" of Soviet anti-Semitsm at US taxpayer's expense. But it must be said that Lieberman's personal perspective, his ideology, his racism and his crooked deals, all blurring any distinction between him and the people who supposedly persecuted him with their anti-Semitism (he certainly didn't do too badly under his alleged oppressors) seems besides the point. What really matters is evident and to the point when we recall that, in response to the election of HAMAS to lead Gaza-- fair and square-- the Israelis cut off and starved the Palestinians, engaging in "targeted assassinations" against them at will. And so, if the Israelis choose Mr. Lieberman for their government, my reaction is: THAT'S JUST FINE. We have no choice but to accept the will of the people as "democratically" expressed at the ballot box. But then, remembering what we did with Gaza after the Palestinian election of HAMAS, perhaps the perfect answer is: you chose him, now it's the end....We are broke and can't afford $14 billions a year for Israel with our people out of jobs. So, the best to you Israel-- YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN! No more war toys used in "war crimes" fashion in a replay of the Warsaw Ghetto against innocent Palestinians in Gaza on the receiving end. No more dollars to engorge a $placenta for illegal settlements, expanding Israel by a lebensraum thesis like Hitler's done through ethnically cleansing the Palestinians. No more supporting the worthless shekel with dollars loans, a debt that Congress later quietly "forgives." Yes, yes, yes, as PM Sharon once said: "Israel is not Czechoslovakia" and as a sovereign state can do as it pleases. But the United States of America also a sovereign state and is also a broke nation that can't afford to lavishly support a nation that behaves in the worst ways of any East European nation in history. Israel can do, and MUST be allowed to do, as it wants. But if it elects Lieberman, the United States of America's President Obama has a duty not to associate America with Lieberman's brand of racism and criminality. It is not worth supporting his kind of Israel-- and if he is elected, it means that Israelis want his kind of Israel. So, as in the case of HAMAS, we must simply turn our backs to it. My concern is not for Israel but for the Diaspora Jews that chose NOT to make the "Great Aliyah," moving to the "Jewish state." American Jews are as American as apple pie and are in grave danger in an economically and militarily declining America where many people looking for scapegoats for their personal dire predicaments. Already the rumor that Madoff hides his money in Israel for favored investors to pick it up has been spread all through the Internet. News reports of his crimes had been appearing on TV news right after (not even with a commercial break) news of the massacre of Gazans by the Israeli forces. Whatever the rights or wrongs of both stories, it should be recalled that Madoff's victims were mostly OUR fellow American Jews. Unfortunately, desperate people, as in post WW I Germany, are more likely to be looking for scapegoats and conveniently forget distinguishing facts as they look for someone else to blame for their "shop until you drop" excesses called for by Bush as the "patriotic" response to 9/11. To my reckoning we are at 10 to Midnight on the Krystalnacht clock in a crashing America. Our government's primary duty is to our Americans-- protecting our Jews included-- and more so that, in light of the propensity to anti-Semitsm if people discover the "lobby" pressures on Congress to give Israel $14 billions a year-- while the US is broke-- so it can perpetrate its lebensraum thesis a la Lieberman. President Obama must cut our ties with a Lieberman Israel, just as we cut off our ties with a HAMAS led Gaza. Our Jews are us and we should never suspect them of dual loyalty. It must be recalled that though the neocons slandered Obama with their "Negro problem," about the same proportion of American Jews voted for Obama as Black Americans. I suspect that with Lieberman as a leader in the government of Israel after the election, few American Jews will want to be his kind of Zionists. So, we can let Israel decide what's best for Israel-- we never did differently; yet, Americans in turn, must decide what's best for America...and I don't think Americans will want anything to do with a Lieberman Israel, just as they decided that they don't want anything to do with a HAMAS Palestine.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nobody
post 06/09/09 08:27 PM
Post #2

Admininstrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 72

We are broke and can't afford $14 billions a year for Israel with our people out of job

this is not supported by the facts. Israel get about 4 billion. Obama gives the Egyptians 2.5 billion, the Jordanians get some hundreds of billions etc. Iraq/Afghanistan get many many billions. So please some context on the numbers.

Also you need to visit the National Debt Clock where you will read this:

visit this post daily to read and weep. We are increasing the national debt by $3.85 billion per day since September 28, 2007

so far to date,
the Obama debt is $763,377,060,814.

+Quote Post
nobody
post 06/09/09 08:40 PM
Post #3

Admininstrator

this drivel is untrue:
So, we can let Israel decide what's best for Israel-- we never did differently;

It is well know that Prez Clinton sent Carvil to Israel to help Barak vs Bebe.

It was in 1999, when Netanyahu ran against Barak, that Clinton dispatched James Carville and company to Israel to assist Barak. Barak prevailed and, as Hornik puts it, his "Palestinian and Lebanese policies precipitated both the Second Intifada and the Second Lebanon War, [and he] became what George Will called "perhaps the most calamitous leader any democracy has ever had."

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2008/10/021900.php

+Quote Post
nobody
post 06/10/09 06:52 AM
Post #4

Admininstrator

now we all know the results of the Clinton/Barak dyad! The Intifada 2000. commonly known as Arafat's War. You see Arafat was a closet one stater, just like Lieberman! Poisoned with the sacred right of return. That's why Arafart could not accept Barak's very generous office. And that's why Abu will never sign on to two states unless the poison pill of the sacred "right" is administered.

+Quote Post
nobody
post 06/10/09 07:12 AM
Post #5

Admininstrator

So, the best to you Israel-- YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN! No more war toys used in "war crimes" fashion in a replay of the Warsaw Ghetto against innocent Palestinians in Gaza on the receiving end.

Here we have the false invocation of the "Warsaw Ghetto". Why?? Well because the Nazis had Warsaw completely surrounded by the Nazis but the Gaza is not completely surround by the IDF.

That is a very very big difference. Egypt controls the Rafah Crossing along with Hamas. Israel has a couple of monitoring ineffectual cameras that Egypt ignores. I do believe i have pictures of Egytians rebuilding the barrier between Egypt and Gaza which in and of itself means the Warsaw Ghetto analogy is bogus.

there are also articles about Egypt involved in destroying rafah tunnels demonstrating that the Warsaw/Gaza comparison is bogus.

An Egyptian security official told AFP that police had found and destroyed two tunnels south of Rafah on Thursday.

http://news.egypt.com/en/200905246138/news...ing-tunnel.html

Even as Israel moves expeditiously to seal off its West Bank threat, however, Palestinians face the prospect of another wall hemming them in. This latest wall is not being constructed by the Israelis, though, but by Egypt, which seeks more protection from its Palestinian neighbors in Gaza.

Cairo has every reason to be concerned. In January 2008, Hamas demolished the Gaza-Egypt border fence, allowing an estimated 700,000 Palestinians--nearly half of Gaza's population--to stream into the Sinai desert. Initially, Cairo viewed the Gaza breach as an opportunity to solidify its pro-Palestinian bona fides. Then reality set in. Egypt, it seems, was concerned that Palestinians entering

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Publ...15/010aplyi.asp

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 04/23/14 01:33 PM